Monday, May 12, 2014

Life Hack: So You Burnt the Buns...

You know those frustrating days where your oven goes on the blink or you have a pan that all of a sudden has it out for you? Yea, I had one of those for my graduation party.

Also, that was the first day I had ever seen parchment paper nearly catch on fire in an oven.  Still not exactly sure why that one pan decided to go so wrong...

Anyway. it turns into that frustrating moment when the bottoms are burnt on an otherwise perfectly good roll.  A pretzel, in this case.

Luckily for me, my wise mom knew of a trick: using a grater to slough away some char.

To which I thought...

WHAT?!?! WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THIS?!?!? What a freaking great idea!

So we used a box grater (we have a weird hexagonal one with a lot of options and used a squared off julienne type side, you may want to mess with yours and see which works with this best).  To add a little extra disguise, after the char was taken care of we brushed them with a little butter and extra seasoning.

And you know what? They tasted just delightful!  Mom and the grater saved the day.

I felt obligated to pass this along, because sometimes really dumb stuff like this happens and it is a shame to toss out a pan of something that could, in all reality, be salvaged.

But hopefully, your baking will be perfect and you will never have to use this.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment