Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chipotle Lime Beef Kabobs

 You Will Need:
-Kabob Ingredients such as meats and veggies, I used 1 lb of london broil type meat, 3 colors of peppers, an onion, and 6 small zucchini to make about a dozen kabobs.

For the glaze and marinade:
-2 TB or more of adobo sauce/pureed chipotle peppers
-1/4 C locally sourced honey
-1/4 C almond milk
-2 TB fresh chopped cilantro
-2 tsp garlic powder
-1 or more tsp of ancho chili seasoning or other spice for heat
-Salt and pepper
-zest of a lime

Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together.  Cut the beef into 1 inch cubes and cut the veggies into roughly the same size pieces.

Marinate the beef cubes in about half of the glaze while soaking wooden skewers in water.

Assemble the skewers and cook them on a grill or in a griddle on the stovetop until the meat is cooked to your taste.  I brushed them with a little glaze throughout and added a little water to my griddle so that I could steam them with a lid over it. I really prefer veggies that are tender.

I call some things zone-paleo hybrids because for the most part a lot of the meals I am making are based on crossfit's version of zone (aka no grains and such) but sometimes I throw in something that is more paleo based, especially when I want to make a sauce or glaze.  Regardless, this is a pretty tasty meal no matter what health trend it does or does not fit in.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment