Saturday, October 19, 2013

Superhero Wall Art, Revisited

So I had some 8x8 square canvases that I wanted to make something on.  I loved the watercolor coasters that I did, and wanted to remake those designs for larger tiles for wall art.  I also wanted to bring in a few more superheroes.

I opted to change the design for the Spiderman one on this one, and to make the DC heroes fade at the bottom since they were going to be all emblems and not the actual character like the Marvel ones.

I still really like the Hulk. That one is easily the coolest.

I drew them out first, then painted a first coat, then finished the painting work and lacquered them when dry.  If you want to use them for coasters, you will need to polyurethane them, but as wall art a lacquer or sealant is fine. 

These really do not take long to do and result in some unique artwork for the wall.  It is a great way to make some inexpensive art for a young boys room, a game room, or similar.

You will have to give me a mulligan for these, I know I already posted the watercolor coaster ones and these are not just mind bogglingly different, but I was at the COOLEST jackolantern event tonight with thousands of carved and amazing pumpkins...

And after seeing craftiness like that, there was not much I could do tonight to compete ;).

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment