Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cheddar Dill Biscuits

Ingredients:
-2 C AP Flour (Or alternatively, you could do as I did and split it half and half on AP and whole wheat)
-6 TB butter, soft
-1 C Milk, plus maybe an extra splash as needed
-1 TB baking powder
-4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (from the block, stop buying that preshredded plastic mess)
-1 to 2 TB fresh chopped dill or more, I personally think dill is pretty mild and like to err on the side of more
-Salt

You just want to mix all these ingredients up, adding a little extra splash of milk if the dough seems too firm.  Mine was firm enough to handle but soft enough to still stick all over me.

I have developed a new, fun, and probably somewhat strange way of putting biscuits on a pan.  Any time I end up with a stiffer dough, because sometimes mine are very much drop biscuits, I tear off a hunk of dough and roll it into a ball in my hands, flattening it slightly.  I am not sure how I developed such a love for this, but it is really quick and gets me fairly consistent biscuits.

Anyway put them on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 18 minutes.  18 is the magic biscuit number, at least for me and my oven anyway.

You could also make a dill compound butter to spread on these and really send them over the tip top of the flavor mountain.

I sincerely love dill, it is right up there with cilantro on my list of fresh herbs I love, and I think it is really a little more flexible than cilantro.  These will make good breakfast munchies for me, and the rest will travel home with me this weekend to be enjoyed by family. 

I am exhausted, as I have been at a sprint ever since I got home to get all my dishes washed, snacks for work prepared as I promised to bring in treats this Friday, making something I could eat for breakfast, and hopping in the shower.  I am finally to the point where I can at least lay down soon and hopefully deal with some of the rest of this in the morning.

I don't know about you, but I never feel like it is possible to be completely caught up on dishes.

Happy crafting!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment