Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Man Candy: Cashews or Pecans, Dark Chocolate, and BACON

Ingredients:
-8 oz of preferred nut (I used cashews for one batch and pecans for the other batch) plus more for topping
-1 big bag of Nestle Dark Chocolate chips
-bacon, fried crispy and crumbled (1 strip should do about 5 bars, so think 5 or 6 strips)
-1 egg per batch
-5 teaspoons of honey (or just a big squirt)
-Salt

Pulse the nuts in your food processor until they are nicely pulverized dust.  Have I mentioned how much I love my food processor??

Empty those out into a bowl (you could probably do all this in the food processor but I am weird) and mix in the honey, egg, and salt.  I mixed it all with a fork.  I use jumbo eggs, so you might have to add a bit more honey if you use smaller eggs to make it stick together.

I dropped teaspoons of the batter onto a greased dark cookie sheet and then flattened them out.  I highly suggest spraying your hands with cooking spray to do that.

Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes or until the edges start to brown.  Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool.

Cook some bacon until it is crispy and rough chop a few more of the nuts to top the bars.  Melt the chocolate according to package directions and pour over the candy bars (I transferred them to wax paper to do this to avoid a big mess).  Top with nuts and bacon pieces and allow them to cool and set.

If you need to rush them, you can pop them in the fridge to set them.  If you leave them in there too long or need to store them like I might because your apartment or house is warm, the chocolate may lose its sheen, but it will still taste plenty good.

Each batch of this made about 25-30 little bars.

I used raw cashews, you may prefer to use salted and roasted, I am pretty sure that would be delicious as well.  It was a tough call in the grocery store.

I also did not realize I liked dark chocolate until now.  So that is another benefit! These are for my work peeps for post-Halloween snacking when I am there Friday.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment