Thursday, June 6, 2013

Leftover Usage: Fajitas

 I thrive on meal planning when I am at school, it really helps me budget and use things to the max.  I always attempt to find ways to use leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.  A lot of things are simpler to make in a larger quantity to start with, like steak.  I may actually only eat a half of a steak in one sitting as I like to eat smaller portions of meat sometimes, but the rest of it NEVER goes to waste.

One thing that is great to use is chicken and steak.  If you have some leftover, you can toss some onions and peppers on a grill with a little butter, seasoned salt, and pepper.  You can use a Mexican seasoning if you like of course.

Depending on how done you like your veggies and if your meat is leftover or fresh, you may give the veggies a few minutes head start.
Just cut your meat into strips, plop it on the griddle, and let it reheat.  Once it is heated through and your veggies are cooked to your preference, you can assemble the fajitas with all of the desired toppings.

We put a little pat of butter in with the meats too to keep them nice and moist.

Just a couple of strips of steak, for instance, on a tortilla can be a very satisfying meal.  You can load them up with tomatoes, guacamole, roasted corn, and anything else you like.

Creative uses of leftovers will make for delicious and exciting meals back to back and serve as a great way to reduce your waste and help your budget.

And for college, I am especially concerned with managing my budget.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment