Friday, June 28, 2013

Homemade Teriyaki for Stir Fry Night

 Did you know you can make your own teriyaki with stuff you have in your fridge and cabinet?!? YOU TOTALLY CAN.  One less condiment for my fridge. 

Ingredients:
-1 tsp ginger (use more if you are using fresh ginger)
-1/2 tsp garlic
-1/2 C soy sauce
-1/2 C warm water
-1/2 C light brown sugar
-1.5 tsp corn starch

Mix it up and use it on some kick butt STIR FRY!  You may need to warm it up a bit if you have extras because some of the brown sugar may settle. 

We like to make extra rice when we cook it that way we can use it in stir fry.
For this one we used peppers, mushrooms, onions, and pork on the electric griddle.  I love using pork in stir fry because you can use a couple of super thin tenderloins, which by the way are freakishly cheap in stores, and it is easily enough meat to go between two people.

That is my main reason I love mushrooms in stuff like this because they add another substantial texture, which makes it seem even meatier than it is.

I start my stir fry with a little soy or teriyaki in it, whichever I am using that day, and add more later on if needed.

Stir fry is a great way to use up veggies you have in the freezer or fridge, just make sure that things like carrots you either cut up in to small pieces or let them get cooking first.

I like my veggies soft and not crunchy personally.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment