Thursday, April 10, 2014

Turkey Loaf Stuffed Peppers: Thanksgiving Cravings

Ingredients (per person):
-1 large green bell pepper
-1/2 C onion, diced
-1/2 lb ground turkey
-2 large carrots, finely diced
-1 egg
-1/4 C almond meal
-1/2 TB sage
-2 tsp cumin
-Salt and pepper

Slice the pepper in half and take out the seeds and such.  Use your kitchenaid to mix the remaining ingredients together to make a filling.  The smaller you cut your veggies the better.  If you are like me and you hate crunchy veggies, allow me to suggest sauteeing the carrots especially first.

Anyway mix it all up and stuff it in your pepper.  I put mine on my donut pan flipped upside down because these little buggers had no desire to stay sitting level.

Roast at 350F for 35-45 minutes or until everything is brown and done.  I used a knife to cut into the center of mine to make sure it was cooked all the way through.

And then I drowned it in ketchup.  Because I love ketchup.  And will not apologize.

Every now and then I just get the craving for really warm, inviting, hearty tasting food.  I definitely think this qualifies while still staying healthy.  That is important to me.  I ate one of the halves for dinner and the other for lunch the next day.  This was a really fun, self-contained way to do a turkeyloaf also.  I would definitely like to try this again with meatloaf.

No matter what you are stuffing inside the peppers, using a donut pan or a muffin tin will help you keep them upright.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment