Sunday, April 6, 2014

Breakfast Poblano: Eggs, Bacon, Spinach, Tomato, Onion

You will need:
-2 large poblano peppers (or 4 small)
-4 eggs
-4-6 strips of bacon (4 if thick)
-1 C diced onion
-4 C spinach
-1.5 C tomato

Cook the bacon first and set aside to drain on a paper towel.  Preheat your oven to 400F and roast the peppers for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.  When they are done, you can slice them down the front and scoop out the seeds.  Set them aside until ready to stuff.

I cooked my veggies in the bacon grease, but you can opt for EVOO if you prefer.  Anyway toss the onion and spinach in and give them a head start before tossing in your tomato.  It probably does not really matter the order.  But that is how I happened to cook mine.

After your veggies are done and your onion is starting to turn clear, go ahead and crack the eggs and scramble them in.  You don't want to completely cook your eggs as they will continue to cook in the oven.  They need to be just set.

Divide the mixture between the two peppers, stuffing them as full as you can.  I mix some of my bacon in with the eggs and then save the rest for topping.  Bake for another 15 minutes.

Devour and enjoy.  I highly suggest guacamole or other topping.

Now, I know I have blogged something similar to this before and that I blog stuffed peppers basically all the time.  But I have to admit, I pretty much love them.  Poblanos are absolutely my favorite (not a big fan of the cubanelle as much) and they just end up with this great taste and texture that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  It is insane!

Also, I do have to pretty much apologize for the 365 Day Craft Challenge becoming not so 365...my thesis and finishing up grad school definitely derailed all my fun shenanigans for this second round.  However, with the semester winding down, I am hoping to get back in the swing of creativity.  But until then, I have a graduation to get ready for, a new job to find, classes to finish, and my sanity to keep.

And as always, happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment